REL Subs - difference between Q and St series?

P

porkbelly

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a sub, mainly for music, and was wondering what the main difference between the Q and St series of REL subwoofers is, as their price ranges cross, so they must be meant for slightly different purposes/situations perhaps?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please reply on this board.

The Q series is aimed primarily at the home cinema market whilst the ST series can fit nicely into a music only system.

The current range of Q subs are not as successful as the older ones whilst the ST range just improve with each incarnation.

My simple answer to the question is that i think the ST and better than the Q series, based on my listening anyhow.

ad

Originally posted by Ian J
The Q series is aimed primarily at the home cinema market whilst the ST series can fit nicely into a music only system.

The current range of Q subs are not as successful as the older ones whilst the ST range just improve with each incarnation.

So the least I can pay for a musical REL subwoofer is about 700 quid? Bloody hell! You might've thought they'd cater for those of us who aren't loaded. That said, I might shell out, no point in doing things by halves...

If you buy it new..... keep your eyes on the classifieds, there are plenty of ST subs go through at very good prices. And for the most part you neednt worry about condition, if you buy from a well known member, someone is likely to be able to vouch for their equipment! On the whole, most people keep their gear in top notch order

ad

Originally posted by porkbelly
So the least I can pay for a musical REL subwoofer is about 700 quid? Bloody hell! You might've thought they'd cater for those of us who aren't loaded.

I'm on my second Storm but I buy second hand so get the best of all worlds.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom