Rel Storm III and Denon 3805 connections

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by gossp, Aug 3, 2004.

1. gossp

gossp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My 2nd hand Rel Storm III has arrived today and am going to set it up tonight. I have read the manual and a lot of th ethreads here and have a little experiance of setting up subwoofers with my old JBL.

The question is do I use the high level input for 2 channel music or stick to the LFE. The only reason I ask is because with the 3805 (unlike my old Marantz SR7200) it outputs LFE signals for 2 channel stereo and if I connect the high level inputs as well might that confuse things. Should I look to disable the LFE output for stereo output perhaps in the amp. Or should I just plug everything in and let the auto setup do evrything.

Any advice gratefully recived
    Thanks

:)

2. drum63

drum63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If you connect with high level and LFE, you won't have the problem with 2-channel playback, as you can turn off the LFE output, but you probably will have a problem with 5/7 channel playback as you will have bass hitting the sub from both inputs.

This can be OK apparently, but is more difficult to set up.

I just have mine connected via LFE only and am quite happy with the 2-channel and multi-channel output.

Gary

3. gossp

gossp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well all I can say is wow :clap: :smashin:. I quickly set it up (put it in the rear corner where the old sub sat) connected the LFE only and used the autosetup and set the crossover frequency on the amp to 60hz and the results are quite frankley stunning! This is a really impressive sub. The extra body and depth to the music is amazing. Don't think I'm going to miss my Arcam stereo amps at all!
    I'm going to have a play with things (it doesn't quite compleatly disappear but certainly isn't obvious), and see if I can get any improvements, and try the high level input too. But for now :D