REL Stentor II "Thump" problem w/AX10 ???

Oasis-GasPanic

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my mission front speakers with another pair of Kef 9000ACE's and after doing so have noticed everytime i switch my amp on or change sound mode (i.e. stereo to PLII) the sub makes what i can only describe as a huge bass thump noise. I have tried redoing the auto acoustic calibration but am still having the problem? :-( I even tried reconnecting the old missions back up but nothing. Any ideas anyone???

Cheers.

It sounds like a problem with the muting function on your amp. Most AV amps will mute all their outputs until fully powered up to prevent this problem, on occasions this function can fail resulting in wht you have described above. It is highly unlilely to be the subwoofer at fault as they tend to do only as they are told by what they are connected to.

Cheers crusty. D'you know if this sort of problem is repairable or do i have to live with it?

Cheers again.

It should be repairable. Take it into your dealer and try with another sub to make sure it is the receiver. Your dealer can then take things from there and arrange for Pioneer to get it repaired, it should be a fairly simple job and if not under guarantee fairly inexpensive depnding on labour charges. If you have a good relationship with your dealer then they may be able to loan you a receiver to keep you going in the mean time.

OK, cheers m8.

I had this after changing some speakers. It turned out a circuit had blown in the amp. This was blamed on the power not being disconected while the speakers were being changed.
Luckily this was down to the shop I bought the speakers from, they delivered them and connected them up for me. The amp (a Denon) had to go away for repair. I was told that this was fairly commonplace on the Denon at the time.

Appreciate your input Steve. I'll have to call my local service centre to arange the repair. It should be cheap considering it should only need a new fuse ;-).

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom