Rel Stampede w/ B&W M1 speakers Setup?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by hemp3, Feb 21, 2013.

1. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have a Rel Stampede and am using it with B&W M1 satellite speakers. I wanted to get some advice on the best set-up to use these with a Pioneer VSX-LX52 surround amp in regards to the Rel Neutrik cable and using high and low level connections on the sub.

As these speakers are small satellites should I forego the neutrik cable and just use the subwoofer output for low level and set l/r speakers to small on the amp

OR

Use the neutrik and set the front speakers as large and connect LFE too, so the sub handles the low frequencies for the front speakers via the neutrik cable.

OR

Use the neutrik, but set the front speakers to small with the lfe via subwoofer output.

The last option is what I do now as I use this set-up more for movies i.e. try to get the best of both worlds using high and low level connections, but not sure if this is the best way and I should instead set the front/left speakers to large, so the Neutrik cable comes into play more. However, does this mean the dedicated low level output (dedicated sub-woofer phono connection) to the sub is compromised as l/r speakers are set to large?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45,884
    I think most people who use the neutrik connector use it for listening to music on pure/direct stereo where they don't have any processing of the LF sounds going on in the AV amp. For movies most people just use the low level LFE output, with satellites set to small.