rel q201e

S

stevebt

just bought a brand new cherry colour rel q201e sub today :) set me back 490 pounds, its set to replace my rel q100e;) was this a good price for my rel sub or are they all down to this price now:confused:

Apparently REL are reducing the amount of people that re-sell their products. So some dealers are selling their REL range at discount prices. That is how I got my Q400 - I got 30% off. Of course, this is acording to my local dealer. He did very well out of the REL range, so I suppose he wouldn't want to break their contract.
Even so, £500 for a sub that costs £700 is still very good. Hope you enjoy the sub.

Russell

mine is the cherry colour one suposedly sells for £800 its the black one that sells for £700, see your from newcastle did you buy at global hifi as thats where i got mine from

Yeah it was. I dunno whatthey are going to replace REL with, though.

Russell

much did you manage to steal the q400 for:eek: more than happy with my 201 but will be over a month before i connect it up and see if its any better, but double the power and half the size cant be bad;)

I hardly think I stole it, but I paid £700 for the Q400. I must admit that I wasn't expecting to buy it as I had my heart set on a B&W 675. Global offered be the Q400 for £700 and a Sonus Faber Gravis for £750. I demoed both and after much consideration I thought the Q400 worth the extra £50 over a 675. I must say that at £1000, the Q400 is certainly not worth the money and I wouldn't have bought the sub for that amount. This is probably even more pertinent to the Q201 where you got more knocked off.

I did ponder the Idea of getting an SVS sub, but I haven't heard one and I don't know of anyone local that has one I can listen to. Therefore they were out of the running.

Russell

This is probably even more pertinent to the Q201 where you got more knocked off.

lets hope it sounds much better than my rel q100 because if it doesnt ive wasted my cash:rolleyes:

Originally posted by stevebt
lets hope it sounds much better than my rel q100 because if it doesnt ive wasted my cash:rolleyes:

A Q201 sounding "much better" than a Q100? I doubt that very much somehow - my money would be on the Q100 sounding better.

When I changed my Q50 for a Q200, although the Q200 seemed more punchy, it didn't play as deep as the Q50 and the Q50 sounded a lot more natural with music.

If you are definitely sticking with the Q200 then it might be best if you don't do an A/B comparison ;)

Matt.

thank god ive got my q100 sold off so ill not be able to compare them, so hopefully ill think its just as good, plus i run 2 subs and the other is a sub i modified myself adding a larger car sub to the enclosure which sounds great and is not to far of the sound of the the rel so i can compare to that

I wasn't going to say this, but I will anyway: I have to agree with Matt - up to a point.
I had one [Q200] and didn't think much of it. The sub doesn't go as low as a Q100 and nor is the Q200 as good for music. The Q200 is capable of much higher SPL's without distortion and is also a lot smaller, so you gain on a couple of fronts. What I didn't like was it's character. My Q200 had a warm fuzzy sound to it, making film and music sound more relaxed. REL may despute this, saying that their subs only impard what character the parent system has. But that's what I heard and that is what I couldn't live with (my Q400 isn't like that, though...).

The Q200 was the only thing I have bought over the 'net and won't do it again. Hence my reluctance at getting an SVS sub without hearing it.

As long as you are enjoying your purchse, then all well and good. I must admit that there have been a few people on these forums that love their Q200, so it must have a certain appeal. Most importantly, though, you should also consider that you bought the Q201 for £500 leaving my and Matt's coments a little redundant. Compared with most subs at that price, you are getting a good product (unlike the Q150 and Quake which are plain rubbish) but at RRP, "fuzzy bass" and musicality are more salient points.

Russell

Originally posted by russraff [/i

Hence my reluctance at getting an SVS sub without hearing it.

Russell [/B]

Hi Russ
Its a shame you didnt risk buying svs they are truly great sounding subs.
Cheers Gonzo.:)

have agreed a sale of £200 for my q100 so if you take this off the price of my q201, it means myq201 stands me £290 and for that price :eek: for gods sake ,can any one dispute the quality of this sub:) i know the q100 is a little beast and sounds awesome but surely there is some merits to double the power of the q201

Originally posted by stevebt
just bought a brand new cherry colour rel q201e sub today :) set me back 490 pounds, its set to replace my rel q100e;) was this a good price for my rel sub or are they all down to this price now:confused:

Where!!!!????
I'm looking for a Q150E in a couple of weeks - may post looking for a s/h one but if these prices are available elsewhere then.... hmmm!

I agree regarding the Q200 vs. Q100 comments. I found the latter had a far cleaner <30Hz extension and only sold mine because I wanted something smaller. The Q200 definitely seemed capable of higher mid-bass SPL from the demo I had, but distorted noticeably lower down. I've got a BK sub now and it's the best of both worlds, IMHO - as capable as the Q100E from a critical point of view, except without the bulk (although it weighs about 4kg more, lol).

MuFu.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom