Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Rel Q200e

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by spenceruk, Feb 26, 2001.

1. spenceruk

spenceruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me get the best out of this sub? I have the Denon AVR-3300 Receiver together with B&W CC6 Centre and B&W DM601's all round. I've got the connections all sussed (I think!) but the manual is not very informative on actual set-up! This is my first sub so not too technical please!!!

2. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This has been discussed at length before, so if you look back through the forum you will find more detailed stuff.

The simplest setup seems to be as follows:

Connect the sub to the amp with a phono cable.

Set the amp up correctly using its setup procedure, with the speakers set to SMALL (this will take the lowish bass that they don't do very well and send it to the sub) and the sub present.

On the sub set the crossover to max and adjust the volume to suit (I think using test tones and stuff, so the sub ends up sounding consistent with the rest of the speakers)

Hope that is right - I don't actually have a sub, so with a bit of luck everyone else will corrrect all the glaring mistakes I have undoubtably made...

Jim