1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rel Q150e

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by tee, Feb 16, 2002.

1. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Anyone got this? I know it's rated and I'm certainly thinking about getting it but any comments are welcome :)

Also, anyone know where the best/cheapst place to get one online is?

Cheers

2. starlight

starlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try HiFiBitZ - REL didn't used to supply via mail order outlets; however this may be changing - so look around

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tee

My mate's got one of these.........it's a bad-ass little sub.....
    I've got quite a large living area, and when he hooked it up to
    my system, it sounded blinding....
    Connectivity, tightness & excellent 'depth' to size ratio....

Get it mate!......can't think of a sub below 500 sheets that's as
    good.....

Adzman...

4. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tee

I too have decided to get this sub.

Cheapest I have been able to find is £385 delivered.

Is anyone else contemplating this sub, perhaps we can get a bulk discount :)

5. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Markster, where did you find the q150e for £385 incl p/p ?

:confused:

6. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    petertyson.co.uk - £385 including nextday delivery.

You have to email them though apparantly , as the price on the website shows higher but if you email them they will quote you £385, this is for next day delivery.

Don't know what they are like, I just saw the link and info posted in the home cinema group.

After reading the problems with the q150 in another thread however i am now not sure whether i should go for this sub or not.

7. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Rel Q150e from Peter Tyson about three weeks ago. I would recommend them without hesitation... the sub was delivered next day and is brand new, boxed etc.

Best price you'll find anywhere and the customer service levels seem higher than most.

One thing though, when changing interconnects with your amp, beware the lenghty time it takes to power the Q150 down.

I turned mine off at the wall, inserted the interconnect to my Denon 2802 within around 10 seconds and blew the amp's protection circuit... which wouldn't clear itself.

Luckily the amp was only two months old so I got a brand new one but, technically, it was my fault!

By the way, I've hooked my Q150 up to the amp with four metres of Ecosse The Conductor cable and it is immense. Anyone have any ideas as to whether or not adding a dedicated (Russ Andrews?) power cable to it would improve things further?

8. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Rel Q150e from Peter Tyson about three weeks ago. I would recommend them without hesitation... the sub was delivered next day and is brand new, boxed etc.

Best price you'll find anywhere and the customer service levels seem higher than most.

One thing though, when changing interconnects with your amp, beware the lenghty time it takes to power the Q150 down.

I turned mine off at the wall, inserted the interconnect to my Denon 2802 within around 10 seconds and blew the amp's protection circuit... which wouldn't clear itself.

Luckily the amp was only two months old so I got a brand new one but, technically, it was my fault!

By the way, I've hooked my Q150 up to the amp with four metres of Ecosse The Conductor cable and it is immense. Anyone have any ideas as to whether or not adding a dedicated (Russ Andrews?) power cable to it would improve things further?

9. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there an echo?