Rel Q150E

[email protected]

I’ve just purchase a new Roksan Attessa and BW 706 S2 speakers and I was thinking of also hooking up my old REL sub

What would be the best way
On the rear of the Amp I have speaker outputs and a ground which will take the Neutrik cable left and right and one to ground but I also have a PRE Amp out/SUB with 2 connections

Now looking at the back of the sub obviously the Neutrik connections there but I also have 2 connectors for 0db and 11db which I seem to recalled it’s where I connected my old LFE phono to one cable

Would I be best to just stick with the REL cable or buy some Y cable and terminate to the LFE connectors from the pre amp/sub or do I use both

Thanks guys

password1

Distinguished Member
Rel recommend the high level However you should try both and see which you like.

You might already know if your amp is class d, to not use the ground on the neutrik cable?

[email protected]

Rel recommend the high level However you should try both and see which you like.

You might already know if your amp is class d, to not use the ground on the neutrik cable?
No I didn’t but anyway I can find out what class it is I presume it’s D

Why do you not use ground if it’s D

[email protected]

Not sure myself but I remember seeing the advice to only connect 2 of the cables on Rel's youtube videos.
When you said it I also found the video I’ll try without see if it makes a noise

Thanks
Had to order a new cable as for some reason my kids who live in my other house can’t find it when they moved the gear to the garage, wonderful LOL

Just my Old Pioneer 2011 vsx amp staring at me now pity it’s only composite no HDMI

password1

Distinguished Member
You're welcome.

You should check whether your amp is class d or not and get some insulation tape to cover the bare loose wire if required.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom