1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rel Q150 MK11

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by ELV, Oct 9, 2003.

1. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I know that the original q150 had it's problems if you scan these forums but has anyone heard the Mk11, I'm still looking at the MJ REF100 but i can't audition one and don't want to buy blind, the Q150E MK11 I can audition and this would outweigh the price difference, approx 50 quid.It's been getting some decent reviews but would like opinions first.

Ta Very Much

2. Roam

Roam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Reference 100 is £350 so where can you get the Q150E MKII for £50 more?

3. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i was looking at the ref 100 in wood finish, which i thought was approx 375 to 400 but as i live up in west cumbria, the only option is carlisle, which thave quoted 450 for the rel ,ok thats the black but to be honest if it saves me buying blind i'd rather spend the extra, i want to audition at home not in the shops so if the comments are favorable it'll probally be my first port of call

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Elv
    Ive owned the relq150e which for the price wasnt good value but still got top marks for performance from the mags,
    If you want a small great performing sub save a bit longer and buy the B&W ASW675 this sub is a superb performer well worth its price tag, with discount you can pick one up for 580 quid which is what i paid for mine.If too far above your budget theres always the BK subs which can be had for less than 300 quid delivered and is said to perform the same as the rel q200e.
    Most people on the forums give there honest opinion of gear which is why i think its worth taking the risk.I brought my svs blind which cost me 800 quid on the faith of other forum members and iam more than satisfied with the outcome.
    Cheers Gonzo.