Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

REL Q150 for home cinema

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by EN, Aug 17, 2004.

1. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is Q150 enough for a good home cinema set-up in a room of 20 sq metres?

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed it got rave reviews in Home Cinema Choice ( 5 out of 5 ) but then all REL subwoofers seem to get top marks for some reason.
    Considering the budget choices such as SVS and their new Subwoofer i don't think the REL are as good value as they used to be and are a bit overpriced for today's market but i guess they sell otherwise they wouldn't price them so high.

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=4246

Review of the mark 2 version, the people who own this forum own that magazine ( i think )

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    In the Uk there are many more subwoofers available with similar or better levels of performance that are much cheaper.

If you get Mordaunt Short subs in Bulgaria, have a look at them or conversely you may want to consider buying a BK Electronics XLS200 sub directly from the manufacturer at £279.00 as they will export quite cheaply.

The BK sub has received great reviews from people on this forum for over a year. There website address is http://www.bkelec.com/