1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REL Q150 buzz on certain settings

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by smarty, Dec 8, 2004.

1. smarty

smarty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I've had the REL for a while now (about 2 years) and have had no problems with buzzing which I believe has been a bit of a problem for many.
    However, had a plasma fitted with all wiring hidden so had to unplug the REL.
    I've not changed any settings but now that I have plugged it back in it buzzes!
    I previously had both the RCA lead and the Neutrik connected for movies and Hi-Fi and have connected it back up the same.
    The funny thing is, if I change the mode from 2 to 4 (4 being 180 degrees) then the buzzing goes away. Also, it seems to be related to the Neutrik connector as it also goes away when I disconnect that. It buzzes whether the amp is on or not.
    Any suggestions for a cure?

Thanks

2. PTG

PTG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny that Smarty, I've noticed a hum coming from my Sub "Rel 100E which wasn't there before I had my Plasma installed. Don't notice it when system is playing but need to turn the sub off when system not in use. Sub is about 1mtr to the right from plasma and as cables run under floor I'm unable to move to see if this will correct the hum.

Come on guys........help us out!!

Thx PTG :)

3. roman-r

roman-r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    On the later models there's an earth switch at the back which could solve it :)