1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rel Q100e..am i likely to annoy the neighbours???

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by TwinCityWild, Sep 24, 2005.

1. TwinCityWild

TwinCityWild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious whether its worth going for this sub...i live in a brand new terraced house..neighbours either side...so is using this sub going to annoy the neighbours...dont normally play my movies that loud..run a set of mission 702e's off a yam DSP A5..would love to get a sub and im certainly interested in this one..so any help on this would be really appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks

Phil

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil - It really does depend on how loud you will be playeing it and at what time of the day ? i would say that adding a sub is probably the best thing you could do as Home cinema is really 5.1 and the .1 means the sub, also you are missing out on lots of bass as you're speakers are probably ok but may be limited in the lower frequencies and that is where the sub will kick in and give you a nice big grin when it starts working ;)

3. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Hi Phil :) ,

I've got a Rel Strata 5 & live in a terrace house with very bad soundproofing.
    I've been running mine for about 3 months & so far no complaints :) , fingers
    crossed.

I think with films, unless they know you've got a subwoofer (i.e. don't tell them), they may not be sure where the low end rumble is coming from.

With the repetitiveness of music it will become more annoying for them (with music tho the sub is just underpinning your mains, so not giving out huge explosions of lo end, so shouldn't effect them anymore than usual). If they just hear occasional rumbles then it probably wont annoy them too much,
    and if they say they are hearing strange rumbles/explosions etc., just tell them it's a passing lorry or a bit of thunder :devil:. Once you get a sub you really start to hear the low end
    cars etc. give out, so just blame it on them :thumbsup:

Happy subbing :) ,

Tim.

4. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I think it is highly unlikely that your neighbours will fail to notice your new family member. Perhaps far better to have a chat with them.
    In my old house i had a similar situation and both sets of neighbours, whom where young (under 40) were fine with me making a real racket up until 22:00hrs at which point i would turn it down or off or have finished. This suited all very well. I was sad to leave i have to say.

5. stevefish69

stevefish69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +439
    My SVS 20-39PC+ has not appeared to annoy my neighbours in my end of terraced yet. Dunno how as in room bass peaks of 116db have been measured.

Gotta admit that i don't take the P**s and play at -20db between 8pm and 10pm and only -15db in the daytime due to SWMBO :nono:

Sick as i've heard the system sing at -5db, but just gotta buy a detached house 1st :rolleyes: