Rel Q100...what's its pros and cons?

T

tan1415

Hi all,

It seems that this sub is going out of sale.
And it's on sale.
How good is it? Is it better than the Q150?
How good is it?

I was interested in the Yammy 320,but now the Rel Q100 is just 100 pounds more expensive.

I'd appreciate your help with my choice and also extra info on the REl Q100

Had mine for years and it is a great Subwoofer !

A few weeks ago I spent some time down my local A/V dealer and demoed loads of stuff, amonst which were loads of Subs. For the price nothing came close to the Q100E. The next subwoofers which showed a huge difference in quality meant spending about another £250 or more on top, and the improvement was NOT worth the extra money to me.

I would say that for any average home cinema set-up ( I have a Denon A1D and B&W speakers ) this is probably one of the best subs you can get.

It does take ages to get warmed in and is a bugger to get set-up correctly but once done its worth it

Can you tell me what the difficulty are of setting up this sub?

And maybe how it should be run in.
I guess going full blast with the matrix or SPR is not a good idea.

I know that the q50 is difficult to place..i thought that the q100 is easier to place.
I don't think i have a lot of choices where to put the sub. I know it's humongous. So i probably will have to put it between my TV and my frontspeaker.

Well i'd appreciate if you can give me the info on how to run it in,place it and set it up.(I don't really understand what you mean with set it up...this is not a problem with LFE right?)

The problem is knowing when it is correct, I am forever tweaking but I have to say as long as you keep the roll-off to maximum and then set its volume to 75db you should be onto a good start

As for running it in, try and buy a demo model from a reputable dealer, you still get the full warranty, you get it cheaper and it is run in. I have to say that with normal viewing ( three or four loud movies a week ) mine took about six months to really become great

Having seen the new Q150 for £399 at www.laservision.co.uk I decided to cancel my intended purchase of the Q100e for £350 and pay the exrea £50 for the new Q150.
The Q150 cabinet is the same size as the Q200e and Q201e and interestingly the frequency response of the smaller size Q200e is 18-100Hz in comparison to the Q100e 20-120HZ
Although I have not seen any reviews of the Q150 I hope I have made the right decision?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom