1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rel-Q100 or Paradigm PDR-10 ??

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Dave H, Sep 23, 2001.

1. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I have the Rel 100e and it is a very good sub there isn't anything to touch it for 500 quid.<br />PS my room is only 12ft x14ft(sorry don't know the metric) and it sounds great, the couch vibrates on Jaws DTS.<br />cheers Dave.

2. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is it the best for music in its price range too? i want a very clear and acurate bass which wont drown out and make the 602's sound sloppy.

3. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm thinking of getting a proper subwoofer to compliment my coming together home theatre/hi fi system. its been a long painful and costly experience but i feel like im finally getting there.

fronts: B&W 602's<br />Rears: B&w 601's<br />Centre: B&W LCR600

4. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm thinking of getting a proper subwoofer to compliment my coming together home theatre/hi fi system. its been a long painful and costly experience but i feel like im finally getting there.

fronts: B&W 602's<br />Rears: B&w 601's<br />Centre: B&W LCR600<br />Amp: Sony STR-DB1070<br />DVD: Toshiba 210

<br />i started with a crappy yamaha sub which is the sw105 with 100w and an 8" cone. it lacks power and definition but it certainly isnt bad in my 4x4 metre room.

could anyone suggest a good match for my set up and room size please? the 2 i mentioned in the title are the ones im seriously considering. yet i still have to actually hear them.

i dont want to over power my room, but i may move rooms of course in the next 4 years. ( i intend on keeping the same set up for that long), so it would need to be suitable to be applied to a slightly larger room too. the reviews of the rel seem great, implying its the best for the price range by some margin. my main requirement is that its FAST, ACURATE and VERY good with all types of music in a small-mid room size. sorry its a complicated question but any advice would be appreciated. thanks. maximum RRP is £500