1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REL & MJ Acoustics - any experience/opinions ?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by SteveEBoy, Apr 29, 2003.

1. SteveEBoy

SteveEBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've decided to take the plunge and get my first sub and have narrowed it down to the REL Q201E or the MJ Acoustics Pro 100.

I've auditioned both once - a bit rushed, and will do so again using my own CDs & DVDs. The MJ is a twin unit and IMHO wins hands down on the aesthetics side - an important consideration for "u know who".

I have no previous experience of either REL or MJ Acoustics and no sub experience either.

Does anyone have any past experience of either of these subs or REL/MJ ?

Cheers for any info

Steve

2. willems

willems

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i demo'ed the Pro 50 against the REL Quake. The REL was a joke IMO. However the Q series are in a much better class than its Quake

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Have a REL 201E here....I don't have any experience of the MJ subs,and no doubt the Velodyne brigade will put their side of the REL/Velo contest.
    I bought the REL after much auditioning as I needed something that would work well in an old timber framed house,and that put things like the Velodyne HGS series out.
    The REL is a bit on the ugly side,but very easy to hide,easy to site and adjust.
    It hasn't got the absolute extension of some(more expensive)subs,but performs well on films and music,and certainly to my ears is better than many of the M&K subs....goes adequately loud,and reasonably deep(I previously had Linn Keltiks and it goes nowhere near them,but few purpose built subs do!).

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    There are a large number of threads on both subwoofers so please use the site's search facility to read some of them.