1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REL gossip

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by baz, Jun 19, 2002.

1. baz

baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought people might be interested:

I read in a hi-fi magazine (can't remember which one - wasn't What HiFi or HiFi Choice) an interview with Richard Lord of REL.
    Apparently, they are bringing out a new subwoofer with an 8" driver called the Quake, due out in July.

I know there is a REL subwoofer which is available abroad called the Quake, but not sure how this new one compares. Reviews of the Quake that already exists are on Audioreview.com and it seems its supposed to be very good for music.

Also, Richard Lord made a great deal about the fact that the sub would play organ pedal tones down to 16hz, but that may just be sales hype- better to take with a pinch of salt?

Looking forward to seeing what the music press makes of this new sub when it comes out.

Cheers,
    Baz

2. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    16HZ! :eek: Deep!

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Many subs can make sounds at 16 Hz. The trick is to do it flat to 16hz at low distortion. Now that is difficult.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I think you mean expensive :)

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not that expensive Lian. Paridigman Servo 15 can do it for 500 quid. For about 10 minutes, after which they go, bang!!!