• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Rel 150e Mk 2 blown?

ELV

Hello my trusty Rel 150e seems to have a problem. Whilst watching a film is suddenly went very loud in parts but mostly you cannot hardly hear anything. Does this sound like a blown speaker. Physically it looks fine.Ive checked the speaker and no damage but I haven't checked the coil. Whilst we're on what would you recommend for around £5-600 to replace.
Cheers in advance.

password1

Distinguished Member
I would look at the speaker and check if there's any damage.

Does the amp still power on and appear fine?

If could be a cheap fix if you can find a faulty 150e with the driver in tact (assuming its a blown driver)

For £500-600, the usual suspects , BK xls400, BK mono, Svs 1000 series, Rel T5i/Ht1003, XTZ, etc.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Personally wouldn't bother fixing it, old sub, low powered, and surpassed by newer sealed box designs ie svs sb2000 bk xls400 etc

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom