• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reinstall VISTA?

Hi, Can I uninstall Windows 7 and reinstall my VISTA?

I dont see any advantage for 7 and in fact have lost media centre, Nero doesent work properly and a few other niggles.

I assume that my licence key will be alright?

I also have concerns that windows will be confused by me installing an earlier system?

Any top tips appreciated?

Paul

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Don't you want to try and fix 7 first?

What install media do you have for Vista? Do you have a DVD or a recovery partition on your PC?

wasted hours trying to get the media center library to recognise files - pain in the bum! As such Im going to revert to soemthing which was working 100%

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Hi - I have the full retail 32 and 64 bit discs - HD isnt partioned but all my media is on an external HD
I'd just boot from a Vista DVD, format the disk using the advanced options, and start again.

Very few people find Vista Media Center better than Windows 7 - good luck with that!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom