• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Reinstall Microsoft Camera app on phone?

PerfectBlue97

I have a Lumia 640, with the most recent consumer build of Windows Phone 10 (Not insider preview) and the most recent version of the camera app. I've checked for updates and there are none, either for the OS or the app.

The settings for my camera app have somehow become corrupted, or something has gone wrong with the settings that has had the same general effect as them being corrupted. The camera resolution has dropped to 1/3 of what it used to be. I can now no longer take any pictures above a resolution of 1280*720. The drop down menu that allows you to select the resolution is disabled. It is grey and you can't click on it.

I tried to reset the camera app from the app screen but the reset option is disabled, I tried to uninstall and reinstall it, but the uninstall button is also disabled.

Is there any way to just remove the app and then reinstall it using it's factory default settings?

Please DO NOT suggest an alternative camera app. I'm going to deal with possible alternatives elsewhere, and I want to prevent thread drift.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom