Reigniting the motorised dish journey

okmate

Standard Member
Hi Guys its took a while to get back on the forum,Big thankyou to the admins.

About 4 years ago I was really into cardsharing and used a motorised dish hooked up to my Vuduo2,unfortunately, I lost the love for it as slowly the channels started to disappear.

Ive decided to brush the dust off the vuduo and started to get that dish turning.
Its been such a long time I really have forgotten most things.

I've downloaded an image but not sure if its any good but wanted to test out if the motor(dish) would turn unfortunately it was stuck on thor and no matter what I did it wouldn't budge, there was also a used sky mini dish with several cables disappearing into the loft.

I decided to remove the mini-dish the motor and the pole and start again as I need to check all connections to the motor.

well all the cables have been removed and I've pulled a couple of brand new cables into the loft ready for connecting.

the old motor that was hooked up was a technamate,but I do have another motor called a manhattan,will the manhattan bi ok to use with my 90cm dish? whats the best image I can use for my vuduo 2?

Cant wait to get this working again

ABARKIE

Technomate motor probably ok

Image maybe use PLI

Depends what you are looking for

Get back on the feeds, still the way to go for me

okmate

Standard Member
Thanks pal i'm using the manhatten god its slow,there was a problem with the techno mate but all working now,just looking at trying to get free to air on 30w to 42est,god I'm well out of touch I cant remember how to do it all lol

okmate

Standard Member
I will be fine tuning my dish tomorrow as the weather is awful today, when I had my old technomate motor installed I received lots of channels and sats but now it needs fine tuning,its been difficult as the manhattan motor I had spare is totally different the main shaft points up so I really need to check all the settings of the dish bracket and motor bracket, need to find some sites to show me exactly what to do to get it bang on

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom