Regular disconnects from XBLive?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Dunk42, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Dunk42

Dunk42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else getting regular disconnects from XBOx Live while playing? It's getting REALLY frustrating as I try to set a new high score on Zuma because it dies at the end of the level after a disconnect and tells me it's the demo game only ARRRRGH

2. Northerner76

Northerner76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Getting problems joining games in PD0 - can access LIVE marketplace and ownload things, but when I try to join games in PD0 it keeps dropping. I have put this down to a firmware upgrade I did to my DLink DL-624 router, but after adding the Xbox to the DMZ and port forwarding UDP 88 and UDP/TCP 3074 I am still getting these problems... weird... perhaps LIVE is having a mad half hour... or perhap the firmware upgrade has screwed up other settings... hope not as the router needed this upgrade because it kept dropping the LAN connections... bloody Dlink stuff!

EDIT: actually just tried it agian now and it works a treat - guess it could have been a momentary anomaly with LIVE... ?

3. DarkEntity

DarkEntity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Sometimes its the Router that causes the disconnects. A Simple firmware update generally fixes the problem :)

4. Northerner76

Northerner76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Well - it would seem the problem is still there - very strange... basically I can connect to LIVE, download stuff..etc but can't join games in PD0... the weird thing is that it will occasionally connect me to a game if I used the Quick Match option... rather than custom match...

These problems have all happened since I updated the firmware to overcome a LAN disconnect error.

Router is Dlink Dl-624.
    I have place the Xbox assigned IP into the DMZ, I have also port forwarded UDP88 and TCP/UDP 3074 using the Dlink's "Virtual Server" server feature...

The strange thing is, before the firmware update I didn't have to bother with DMZ or portforwarding.

Anyone got any additional suggestions... I generally consider myself pretty savvy with network's but this is confusing me somewhat...

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

5. passthebiscuits

passthebiscuits
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I get random disconnects constantly especially when downloading demos I just got BF2 and i must have had to reconnect about 20 times to get it.

I seems to last longer when playing online but you just never know when its gonna strike.

Ive tried different routers linksys and usrobotics, turned on DMZ even took the router out of the equation altogether, no joy.

And if i have to talk to one of NTL's asian broadband help lines one more time I may do something I regret:mad:

Any suggestions Guys.

6. SportiveUK

SportiveUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I am having problems too and yet no issues until before I went on holiday 2 weeks ago. Shortly after I log in, I get disconnected and I know it's not my end because I can still stream huge images and music from my PC without a hitch and my internet connection is still running at full speed.

The problem is that this ruins any game that runs in tandem with Live (e.g. PGR) as it constantly tries to communicate with the service and can't.

Beginning to annoy me now.... alot :mad: