• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RegSvr32 Error

Hillsman

Having spent the past few days trying to fix my pc (due to a virus) i now find when i start up my pc the following error..

RegSvr 32 Load Library ("no file name just 15 squares") failed - The specified module could not be found.

Theres no file name at all, all i get inbetween the 2 " are 15 squares.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:

FireKracker

If you could supply the following:

1) What operating system are you using?
2) Do you have the latest Windows updates e.g service pack 3?
3) At what point are you receiving the message is it a) during boot up b) when in windows?
4) What have you done to rid yourself of the virus.

Hillsman

If you could supply the following:

1) What operating system are you using?
2) Do you have the latest Windows updates e.g service pack 3?
3) At what point are you receiving the message is it a) during boot up b) when in windows?
4) What have you done to rid yourself of the virus.

1) Windows XP pro

2) Right up to date with SP3

3) I get the error message when i log into my user account on the windows page

4) Scanned with zonealarms, used malwarebytes, windows defender, spybot search and destroy, adware, exterminate it and regcure.... yes ive tried all sorts lol.

FireKracker

3) I get the error message when i log into my user account on the windows page

The virus could of somehow screwed up your user account, are you able to login to your account and view your desktop? If you can have you come across any issues while logged on as you?

A test would be to create another user with the same privileges as you, and log on as them, just to see if there are issues elsewhere in the system.

Hope that helps!

Hillsman

The virus could of somehow screwed up your user account, are you able to login to your account and view your desktop? If you can have you come across any issues while logged on as you?

A test would be to create another user with the same privileges as you, and log on as them, just to see if there are issues elsewhere in the system.

Hope that helps!

I can access my account as normal, just when i log in at first i get the error message, once i click it off it doesnt come back til i reboot it.

It appears only to be on my user account. I did notice over the weekend that the time in my task bar was set to a 12hr instead of 24hr clock and the taskbar wouldnt let me hide in active icons either. Both problems are now fixed.

Im still getting the RegSvr32 Error though:confused:

D

Deleted member 293381

Hi

You could you log on as Administrator and delete your account, then recreate it.

But really what you need is a clean system. I recommend backup your data, reformat the hard drive and re-install Windows.

Clean and safe.

Alan

Hillsman

Hi

You could you log on as Administrator and delete your account, then recreate it.

But really what you need is a clean system. I recommend backup your data, reformat the hard drive and re-install Windows.

Clean and safe.

Alan

As far as i know it is clean now, running perfectly fine and had no problems apart from that error message.

As i say its only my account that it happens to :confused:

Not very pc minded so reformatting etc isnt what i really want to do.

If i delete my account and recreate it would i lose all my data in that account?

D

Deleted member 293381

Hi Hillsman

OK - recommend you backup your data anyway, best to be safe than sorry.

Log on as Admin and delete then re-create your account. See what happens after that.

Alan

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom