1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Registering handset to the base unit

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by villaceltic, Aug 24, 2004.

1. villaceltic

villaceltic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but this is really P'ing me off and BT techies only work till 5:30 and they charge you £1 per minute for the luxury of supposedly telling you what's wrong with the phone!!.

Anywhose thought I'd throw it open to anyone who might know...

My BT on-air 1250 had not been working and BT advised unregistering it from the base unit and then reregistering it (this cost £4 !!). I keyed in the codes and everything seemed fine until I try to register it with the base unit again. Basically the steps are

1. Unregister process (done) 'init=F6' displays (it does)
    2. Press 'skip back' button until answer button flashes (does this)
    3. Press OK and press number 6 button - viola, jobs a good un (no it's not)
    phone makes small buzz noise and displays 'init=F6' again. :mad:

Anyone got the slightest idea why it is not registering the handset?

Any info much appreciated as it will save a small fortune speaking to BT again (who I pressume will charge regardless that their initial solution didn't work).

Thanks

Macca
    (I posted this in general chat before I saw it could go here instead - sorry)

2. FuzzyDogSlayer

FuzzyDogSlayer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh poop, I have the exact same problem. I hope someone has an answer =( (damn BT)

3. villaceltic

villaceltic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up buying a panasonic and then registering the the two bt phones as 'satelites' of it. Sure something in the Bt units base unit was knackered and it wasn't sending out a signal to allow the handset to register to it. Certainly wasn't worth having it fixed and the Panasonic is far superior and more intuitive to use.

Macca

4. FuzzyDogSlayer

FuzzyDogSlayer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did your handsets work at all? and could you possibly tell me the full name of the product you purchased and where i might find it.

some more details on my problem: it was all working fine, but then i was trying to delete a number and i must have done something, and it made the handsets stop working, but not unregister. Now, after resetting both my handsets and the base, it appears that the base unit is giving out no signal. (god damn piece of sh*t, i had to mess with it didn't, I)

5. villaceltic

villaceltic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes its a Panasonic KX-TCA151EM although I guess whatever the latest equivalent is would be the one. Got it off Amazon and no complaints really. BT handsets appeared to work but as I said I couldn't get them registered with the base unit. now they are registered to the panasonic base unit and are fine.

Hope this helps

6. FuzzyDogSlayer

FuzzyDogSlayer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that you very much, your a life saver, a real star.

one final question, would any DECT labelled phone be cable of doing the job?
    say, this one for example; Siemens Gigaset 4015

7. villaceltic

villaceltic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know to be honest but I'd go for one which offers additional stand alone units to add on. There is a site somewhere I remember that has all of the codes for marrying hand sets/ satelites to main phones - can't remember where but try googling it