Registering a drone in the EU/Greece/Ireland

BlackHawk

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this Question was asked multiple times before, but here goes:

I'd like to purchase myself a drone (sub 250g or 250g+ with extended batteries) to fly in Greece.

I Live in England, so the English rules wouldn't apply in the EU. Greece however, has an almost impossible red tape to register drones (as it requires local tax payers login ID)

So, I was thinking of registering the drone somewhere else in the EU, as the rules apply across the board - somewhere like Ireland?

Would I have to be physically present in Ireland to register a drone, or can all of this be done online? And I shouldn't face any issues flying in parts of Greece, since I'd covered under the EASA?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Surely the same rules apply to the Republic of Ireland as they do to Greece 🤷🏼‍♂️

I did my EASA on-line with Luxembourg.

Very similar to the UK, a few little custom tweeks for thier own country, but easy enough to pass

So I have a UK and and EU cert.

Surely the same rules apply to the Republic of Ireland as they do to Greece 🤷🏼‍♂️
I think the question was more about the way registration is set up in say Ireland. Greece has requirements to register that seem to make it difficult for people to register if they aren’t Greek.

At least that’s how I read it.

I think the question was more about the way registration is set up in say Ireland. Greece has requirements to register that seem to make it difficult for people to register if they aren’t Greek.

At least that’s how I read it.
Yeah , I was wondering if Ireland was the same ? , seems odd that you in effect need to be greek or at least earn there to register 🤷🏼‍♂️

Each country makes its own rules within the bounds of the ICAO. Regulation of drones is 1 such area where you will find different rules in every country. There may be an approved licencing or qualification scheme such as EASA, but this does not imply that you can operate your drone anywhere that recognises the qualification.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom