Registered but no email !

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by [email protected], Mar 27, 2006.

1. stu@rt

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First off, just like to congratulate you guys on a great forum...

... next off bit of a newbie question but... I pre-registered on the Sky HD webby site about a week ago (having read about it on here, and having just got a new a HD TV after my old TV blew up !!) ... BUT... I've not actually recieved the email from sky asking me to pre-order... and as I've read on here the sky webby now seems locked... so not sure what to do next ?

... was wondering if anybody else registered but has not had an email yet ?

2. Abbeygoo

Abbeygoo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,150
    I registered but did not receive an email - tried ringing Sky with no response for ages - will try again later today.

3. linnite

linnite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I only got my email on Saturday pm (and responded 15 mins later). Maybe the later you joined $ky's list the later you get your email.

All the more frustrating then that I would have been 'rewarded' with a better place in the 'queue' by pirating the link left on forums like here, as opposed to registering my interest in the proper way intended.

<kicks own foot for not visiting AV Forums on the Friday>

Paul

4. AntBanks

AntBanks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +462
    Hi, i have mentioned this alot on other threads, your not alone my friend.i registered 5 times with 5 different emails, not a dicky bird

Also people complaining that non registered people are jumping the que to pre order Sky HD. Well if Sky would have got their fingers out we wouldn't have had a problem. thankfully i saw the threads about the pre orders. so i was able to get in there straight away and pre order. even after attempting to register 5 times. so i thank these forums.:thumbsup:

5. stu@rt

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...it does all appear a bit of a mess to me to say the least, it almost feels that Sky are making up policy on the hoof so to speak... I wonder if the BBC announcing they would broadcast the World Cup in HD forced Sky's hand, and they announced before they'd thought everything through properly !

6. Woodywizz

Woodywizz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,132
    Are we taking a trip to Sound&Vision/SevenOaks/Superfi soon Mr. Abbeygoo??? Will we be auditioning some LCDs??? :clap: :clap: