Regional ITV on Sky...

lynx

Senior Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Following a chat with a chap in the pub the other day,it became apparent that he was unaware of the ability of SKY to recieve ITV channels from around the UK. So if any newbies are unaware of this (and other channels), and wish to update their channel list,try the following:From your remote handset, press: services, System set-up,add channels, then key in the following frequencies;- 10.832H 22000 FEC 5/6
CARLTON/LWT, CENTRAL WEST, HTV WALES, WESTCOUNTRY SOUTH
10.891H 22000 5/6 ANGLIA, BORDER ENGLAND, BORDER SCOTLAND, GRANADA, MERIDIAN, TYNE TEES, YORKSHIRE
10.906V 22000 5/6 GRAMPIAN, SCOTTISH, ULSTER, CHANNEL
ITV2 is available as well.
Then add to your channel list and store.

Originally posted by lynx

Then add to your channel list and store.

Thanks for that lynx - I just tried it - did everything you said and it seemed to work fine, except that the channels do not appear anywhere :confused: Whereabouts are they supposed to be once you have stored them?

SERVICES
Option 8 "other channels"

You should see a list of all the channels you have added and then use the arrow keys to scroll through them then select to access the channel.

Terrific - thanks :smashin:

Other BBC ONE TV for the regions can be found along with other BBC services on these transponders and on the EPG from 941...
BBC ONE London 10.77325 H, SR 22000 FEC 5/6
BBC ONE Scotland 10.80275 H, SR 22000 FEC 5/6
BBC ONE Wales 10.80275 H, SR 22000 FEC 5/6
BBC ONE Northern Ireland 10.77325 H, SR 22000 FEC 5/6

10.788 V, SR 22000 FEC 5/6,
BBC ONE BM = Birmingham / West Midlands
BBC ONE HL = Hull / North East Hull / East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
BBC ONE LS = Leeds / North East
BBC ONE MR = Manchester / North West
BBC ONE NC = Norwich / East Anglia
BBC ONE NO = Nottingham / East Midlands

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-family: Times New Roman">

Thanks for that info Lynx, I tried that no joy bearing in mind i am in Ireland any ideas on how to receive the likes of ch4 & ITV from here

Unfortunately you still need a valid SKY card installed. Or is there a way round that too ?

luggsie.

Unfortunately the ITV and CH4 channels will not work on Irish subscriptions :-(

You will be able to add all of the BBC channels (TV and Radio) which is great because the VERY EXCELLENT BBC3 and BBC4 aren't on the Irish Sky subscription (why... beats the hell out of me) and you can add them this way.

Downside : although you can view these channels on a SKY+ box you cannot record them which is a pity because there are some great shows on BBC3.

Here's a link that goes to Sky Digi online this lists all the ITV regions and other channels that are testing or not available to the u.k but can be picked up with the right size dish.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom