1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regional Coding Enhancement

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Timmy O'Toole, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Timmy O'Toole

Timmy O'Toole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Toshiba SD100E DVD player which I bought over the internet from France (long story) with a multi-region mod already done on it.

We seem to be increasingly seeing DVD's with RCE. Anyone any idea if my Tosh is likely to play RCE's ok? Is there any way of testing without actually getting an RCE disc?

Cheers in advance for any help.

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    You will need an RCE title like The Patriot, Hollow Man or 6th Day to check it out, no other way AFAIK.

If your lucky you will just need to put a non RCE title in 1st to set the region you want to watch, so before you stick in one of the above stick another non RCE R2 title in 1st, remove it then stick the RCE one in. If you see a world map on your telly then you will have to usse the remote control hack to access the disc, this is documented on a couple of mail order sites, but basically you will access the chapter menu and select track 1 chapter one[ or similar] and off you go.

On my SD200E, I had to do the latter and it wasn't too much hassle.