1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE)?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by jonjon, Jun 29, 2004.

1. jonjon

jonjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone had any issues with Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE) that they put in big red letters at the top nof Playusa.com?

I have an Arcam DV79, I've done my multi-region hack (1 1 1 1 1 3) and it plays R1 discs I have, but is the RCE and different?

Cheers,

Jon

2. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Did you look on the PlayUSA FAQ's it explains what RCE is there.

3. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Its also worth noting that not all disks that Play mark as RCE are RCE encoded - the only disk I've had any trouble with is chitty chitty bang bang (its a MGM disk), which refused to play unless I select the second chapter. So if you take the plunge and get what you think is a RCE encoded disk it might not be - I'd check elsewhere first.

4. grey torq

grey torq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Check the arcam forums for the hacks because as well as the 'auto region' setting you can also hack to any region specifically thus defeating RCE.
    Although I have a DV78 set to auto region and it plays all my RCE dvd's fine, so I wouldn't worry.

5. jay75

jay75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should check the DVD talk website as they have a lot of information about RCE encoding and have a list of currently known RCE titles and some helpful hints and advice