region2 whats going on here?

steve1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
am i the only one thats getting fed up with buying region 1 dvds only to find out that the later region 2 of the same film is a far better version. ie packinging on r2 is better. and sound tracks seemed to have improved over the region1 version .or am i just being fussy here.
ie monsters inc r2
the rock r2
we were soldiers r2

It's swings and roundabouts. Some R1's are better Some R2's. You have to weigh up what’s important to you. Early release dates in the US and Canada. The occasional UK disk that has slightly more special features. Additional soundtracks on one region that aren't on the other. Best bet is to use a comparison web site to find out which is the best.

This is fine until you come across a release that has a R2 or R4 release 6 months or more after the R1.

R1's did have more plus points in the past than an earlier release date tho... I think R2s are improving a great deal.

Now all we need is to get rid of the BBFC:D

Originally posted by steve1
am i the only one thats getting fed up with buying region 1 dvds only to find out that the later region 2 of the same film is a far better version. ie packinging on r2 is better. and sound tracks seemed to have improved over the region1 version .or am i just being fussy here.
ie monsters inc r2
the rock r2
we were soldiers r2

By the way, is the recent R2 DE version of the Rock uncut?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom