1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region modified DVD problems.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Lappers2, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Lappers2

Lappers2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    My Phillips 32PW9616 tv is unable to output a dolby digital sound from my Pioneer 525 DVD player. The sound is covered in a high pitched whine. [​IMG]

I have had an engineer come round, and although he couldn't tell me what the problem was at first, he rang back saying that he'd spoken to Phillips, and the TV was unlikely to be at fault. It was more likely to be caused by the region-free chip on the DVD player.

I relayed this to the company who sold me the region modified DVD player, and the customer services chap said he's "never heard anything so stupid in his life", and that the chip couldn't be causing the problem.

So my question is this... can a chip to enable multi-region on a DVD player cause issues with the dolbly gdigital sound. I realise the chip doesn't alter the sound signal, but is it plausible that the circuitry was knocked when this chip was being installed??

other sound is Ok, its only when trying to get Dolby Digital.

Anyone got any advice/answers please ?!

2. petec

petec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try your dvd player on another tv to eliminate one of them from the equation