1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Killer probs

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Bursar, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Before today, I had one non-R2 disc, and I played that in my flashed drive with Region Killer, and it worked flawlesly.

Today I received T2 UE R1 through the post and tried to play it on the PC.

For some reason I got a window popping up asking me to specify the region of the disk. I cancelled it and checked the Region Killer settings. It was enabled, auto-region was on, and it had chosen R1.

OK, I thought, I'll try again. Fired up Power DVD, and I get a blue screen when playing the disc. Regkill.sys is at fault.

Reboot, chuck in an R2 disc, same blue screen.

Removed Region Killer, rebooted, and played the R2 disc fine with no problem.

Just checked my drive in Device Manager (Win XP) and it says I have 2 region changes left. Drive Info says that my drive isn't locked.

I can't seem to get the latest version of RK from the official site.

Anyone got any thoughts as to what's going on?

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
  3. TEK

TEK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try flashing your drives firmware again. I had to do it to my Pioneer 105s the other day as AnyDVD managed to bugger it up :/

4. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Perhaps it was an RCE R1 disc? I have this problem with the Superbit Panic Room - slide a different R1 disc in, take it out and pop in Panic Room again - it works! Slight pain though....

5. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Not sure if it's RCE or not. It's T2 UE single disc. It's the only R1 disc that I have so the disc swap thing isn't an option for me at the moment though.

I think I found the problem though. I've been playing a few web games recently, and I think the Wild Tangent software is to blame.

I've used their software in the past, and it's caused problems. Removed it all and reinstalled a slightly newer version of Region Killer, and it all seems to be working fine again :)

6. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I;ll agree with Jeff, i couldnt get regionkiller to work for me but the new anydvd software worked fine.

Ad