Region Hack Not Working For Sony DAV-SA30

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by themighty, Oct 24, 2005.

1. themighty

themighty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I found a region hack for my current DVD play, the Sony DAV-SA30, over at
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=Sony+DAV-sa30&hits=50&Search=Search, but I cant seem to get it working! I've found my old Laptop with infarad, and loaded the software on a bootable disk. I software loads, but when I press "r" to load the hack, i get a message saying REMOTE.TXT can not be opened! It opens if i open the software in Windows, but the instructions say it must be opened in DOS! Can anyone help? Is there anyway of having the code already loaded in WINSAMP?

2. themighty

themighty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ok, I've manage to make the laptop load the codes in DOS, but the hack still isn't working! I enter all 5 codes, like it says too, but the player doesn't give the "data resent" message, and R1 plays still don't work! Is it the infared in my laptop? How do I make it work? And where does the laptop need to be to make it work? Now, I've positioned it where it says "standby"! Any help will be appreciated!

3. Toast

Toast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am new to this site so if I have got it all wrong I apologise. I too am lokking for the region free codes for the sony DAVSA30, have you had any luck yet? regards Toast