Region free mod for new sony/panasonic players?

dec-pvr

Novice Member
Basically as the titles states!

Does anyone know if there are any blu-ray (and dvd) mods for the new sony bdp-s350 and panasonic dmp-bd35 blu-ray players?

I've seen plenty for the older 300/30 models, but none for these latest ones!

I know they're both relatively recent models but I'm keen to know if it's at least possible.

Thanks

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Basically as the titles states!

Does anyone know if there are any blu-ray (and dvd) mods for the new sony bdp-s350 and panasonic dmp-bd35 blu-ray players?

I've seen plenty for the older 300/30 models, but none for these latest ones!

I know they're both relatively recent models but I'm keen to know if it's at least possible.

Thanks
Hi mate. :)
This might be a good place to keep an eye on. :smashin:
All the best.

Capn Trips

Novice Member
Did you do ANY tiny little bit of searching in this forum before posting the question?

The answer for the Sony BDP-S350 is "Yes."

Not surprisingly the "Official" BDP-S350 owner's thread talks about it in the VERY FIRST post, and there is a completely separate thread devoted to it which gets a lot of action so it's usually on the first page of recent threads.

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Did you do ANY tiny little bit of searching in this forum before posting the question?

The answer for the Sony BDP-S350 is "Yes."

Not surprisingly the "Official" BDP-S350 owner's thread talks about it in the VERY FIRST post...
...for DVD playback.

dec-pvr

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies.

I have spotted the region free mod pages for these older players (jvb,stegen,regionfreemods etc).

Also I was aware of the dvd region free codes, thanks. Just wanted to make sure people knew I was on about blu-ray and dvd region free mods.

I was just asking incase anyone else had extra info from other pages I might be unaware of, or knew of any news on these.

Sorry if I upset you!:oops:

dec-pvr

Novice Member
Just an update.

Noticed at:

Multiregion Upgrades - Online source for Blu-Ray multi-region solderless firmware remote hacks external tool codes to make your player region free. Multi region your DVD by clicking here.

They are now offering multi-region blu-ray & dvd for the sony 350 (A/B & 1/2) and panasonic 35 (A/B & 1-6) players!

Sure I didn't miss this before so it must be fairly recent.

Also noticed:

Stegen Electronics

Have a notice on their front page that they are working on multi-region for these players:

Sony BDP-S350
Sony BDP-S550
Panasonic DMP-BD35
Panasonic DMP-BD55
Denon DVD-2500BT

Hope this is of use to all of you out there!

I know it's certainly good news for me!

:clap:

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
Not cheap is it :eek:

£180 for a S350 for example, plus the cost of the player and the cost of shipping it to them. It would be cheaper to buy two players.. :confused:

Still tempting tho' :D :devil:

dec-pvr

Novice Member
True.

However convenience rules, especially when you have a wife to contend with!

Also I know someone who can perform the modification for me, therefore greatly saving on costs by just requiring the mod to be delivered to me!

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
I agree the convinence of such a machine would be great... but then I'd want to know I was going to keep the player for a long time. :D

Not sure if we are there yet or not ;)

It would be great to be able to buy the mod kit and do yourself... :D not sure I'm game tho' :smashin:

I'll have to see if there are any guides about, see how tricky it is :smashin:

Edit... Yep too tricky for me :D

Last edited:

dec-pvr

Novice Member
Can't say I'd plan on buying a new player anytime soon after getting either a sony 350 or panasonic 35!

Although I have the feeling as soon as I'd bought one and modded it, a new (cheaper!), better player would come out that is easily (cheaply!) made to multi-region!

Still, you can't wait forever.

Could always get the player and wait to see if the mods get cheaper.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom