Region Free DVD Code Database

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by TheFree, Sep 10, 2004.

1. TheFree

TheFree

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) If you're interested, check out the following pay-site for a decent database of DVD handset codes. It's got a few machines that other sites don't feature, so I'm recommending it. It seems a good place to go for those rarer machines by the looks of things.

It's actually got a Sony unlock on one of its front pages. I don't know whether it works though, as I heard Sony machines can't be unlocked with a handset code? Who knows. Anyway, here's a link to the free page - the codes might be of some use to you.

www.dvdexploder.com/multihacks

2. rebel7841

rebel7841

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody help me wive a denon 1710 dvd player for unlock regions

3. Justin@UH

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Avoid! As popsted many times here before, there are no built in hacks for Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic, Denon, JVC and other major brands!

The so called "hack" for the sony model is in fact just the service mode access for very old models such as the x2x series. The ONLY way to mod the sony model they refer to is via having the machine physically chipped for that model!

Many of the other "hacks", are, infact just the user instuctions to opperate the selectable region on a player, once it has been modified.

The simple fact is that if you have one of the above brands of machine, then unless you either buy it pre modified for multiregion, it is not multiregion and you cCANNOT hack it with its supplied remote contol. You can only mod it (depending on model) via one of 5 ways, a set of special factory service codes via a PDA/pronto/special service remote, a firmware upgrade disc, a firmware upgrade via a special PC interface and software, an external updator, or a physical chip.