1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Code for Panny E30

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mark Bennett, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I sold my old Mico and now just have the Panny E30 but is limited by it's UK region only code.

What are people now using to unlock/upgrade etc their machines?

As the E50 is now out and even panasonic themselves are selling it for 299£ multiregion then paying too much for the honour of de-regioning it would be silly.

Any leads, tips, suggestion or comments welcomed.

Mark

2. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it's a simple case of using your remote to make it multi-region, think you have to get it chipped mate.

3. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I answer to my own Q; I had a feeling that since the new E50 is region free and 200£ less than the E30 then the Panasonic shop maybe able to help with the problem.

Stopped into one after I did the post and low and behold for £20 they'll make your E30 region free by just loading a disk of some sort.

No hardware mods and it stays region free.

Spread the word. Will get it done next week.

Cheers

Mark

4. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    E30 needs a Firmware CD-Rom and Chipped remote to be made Multi-Region.

Panasonic UK don't sell Multi-Region players (Not allowed to), If Panasonic dealers sell and make them multi-region well it's upto them.

THe E50/E60/E100 only require a chipped remote, E30/HS2 require Firmware CD and Chipped Remote, I used http://www.dvdchips.co.uk/ to make my E30 Multi-region.

5. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

The salesman might not know exactly what was going on in the back, but the price of £20 is good.

M