Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Region Code for Panny E30

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mark Bennett, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I sold my old Mico and now just have the Panny E30 but is limited by it's UK region only code.

What are people now using to unlock/upgrade etc their machines?

As the E50 is now out and even panasonic themselves are selling it for 299£ multiregion then paying too much for the honour of de-regioning it would be silly.

Any leads, tips, suggestion or comments welcomed.

Mark

2. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it's a simple case of using your remote to make it multi-region, think you have to get it chipped mate.

3. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I answer to my own Q; I had a feeling that since the new E50 is region free and 200£ less than the E30 then the Panasonic shop maybe able to help with the problem.

Stopped into one after I did the post and low and behold for £20 they'll make your E30 region free by just loading a disk of some sort.

No hardware mods and it stays region free.

Spread the word. Will get it done next week.

Cheers

Mark

4. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    E30 needs a Firmware CD-Rom and Chipped remote to be made Multi-Region.

Panasonic UK don't sell Multi-Region players (Not allowed to), If Panasonic dealers sell and make them multi-region well it's upto them.

THe E50/E60/E100 only require a chipped remote, E30/HS2 require Firmware CD and Chipped Remote, I used http://www.dvdchips.co.uk/ to make my E30 Multi-region.

5. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

The salesman might not know exactly what was going on in the back, but the price of £20 is good.

M