1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region 4 DVD's in U.K.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Skippy_me, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Skippy_me

Skippy_me

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone advise whether region 4 DVD's work on UK DVD players, I see a lot of articles saying that they do so.

Thanks

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a rule, no they don't. However, SOME do. The ones that do are the ones that are dual region coded for Region 2 and Region 4.

Unfortunately, it doesn't always say so on the back or on retailers websites either, so it's difficult to know which do and which don't. Some retailers do provide this information though for some titles, e.g. www.CD-WOW.com and www.EzyDVD.com.au

Other titles have to be explored through asking those who have the R4 or on other websites (I'm afraid I don't know of any though).

Thus, unless you know otherwise from a reliable source, it is best to always assume that a Region 4 DVD will NOT work on your Region 2 player.

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    G'day Mate,

Yes, some Region 4 dvds definitely play on Region 2 players without the need for any modification, however, I don't think all of them do. As for how you can tell which do and which don't, I just don't know.

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Damn it Squirrel - go to bed! :mad:

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in a minute :D Stop watching the cricket :kisses:

6. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Depends on the region coding on the disc. Most are coded for both R2 and R4, but some aren't. A good place to check is
    www.michaeldvd.com.au . The retailers websites generally quote details off the packaging which is rarely accurate. Michael, on the other hand, actually tests the discs themselves before publishing their reviews.