Region 3 dvd's

1. Yes
2. Yes

Generally R3 versions of Western films are exactly the same as their R1 counterparts bar a change in the optional subtitles on the disc - noramlly French and Spanish replaced by Chinese, Korean and/or Thai.

Thank you ever so much for your help.

Does any1 know of sum region 3 sites to buy from?

Just avoid Wrong Turn region 3 DTS version, its picture quality is terrible (( far too much contrast in this print and absolute blacks are grey )) and this version is censored, i made the mistake of buying it but i have now got the region 1 Dolby only version.

red2003devil,just check under the disc details for bb2 on cdwow
Audio: English - Dolby Digital 5.1
Thai - Dolby Digital 5.1

most sites will tell you what audio soundtrack is on the disc

I've just got the Region 3 Bad Boys 2, and although I haven't loaded it up yet the casing and covering looks identical to the Region 1 release. Looks like a nice DVD, might watch it tonight! ;)

1. Will the speaking be in english?
Mostly, in particular if it's a hollywood movie. However note that sometimes soundtracks are dropped for Asian subtitles, e.g. Titan AE does not have the DTS track (like the R1 release).
In fact DVDs from major labels are mostly recoded R1 releases, so they match the R1 version in terms of picture and sound quality.
Sometimes small differences apply though (e.g. Once upon a time in America has a bit of censor applied).

2. Will it have english words of the covers?
Releases from the major labels usually have dual covers, i.e. a local language cover over the English one. Usually you can remove the local one. In the end it might however depend on the country where you buy it from, like R2 a R3 release can be different from country to country.

i have the bb2 r3,its excellent.
i also have the lxg r3 dts,the sound is superb.

both bought from cd-wow and a few quid cheaper than r1.
most r3s have a dts track,if thats your bag.

most r3s have a dts track,if thats your bag.
I beg to differ. I mean I have seen VCDs with DD/DTS and THX even, but then you shouldn't believe everything you see. Living in R3 land I don't see that many DTS titles around, unless you are talking "local productions"....

I got Bad Boys two from DVD soon for £ 9.86 which I thought was a good price.

Dave.

Being in HK now, also R3 zone, what I have seen, vast majority Hollywood titles launched definitely have DTS track.

Wasabi

Being in HK now, also R3 zone, what I have seen, vast majority Hollywood titles launched definitely have DTS track.
Are these official releases from the big studios or local releases?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom