Region 3 DVDs on PAL TV's?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dream_Brother, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Dream_Brother

Dream_Brother

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right place, but I just have a quick question for all you knowledgeable types...

I have a multi-region DVD player, but only a PAL television. Will Region 3 DVDs be compatible with my TV? You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but I can't seem to find this obviously simple piece of information on the internet anywhere (region 0, 1 and 2 DVDs are all anyone seems to care about). I have a sneaking suspicion I'll need an NTSC TV but if someone could let me know for sure I'd be very grateful.

Cheers!

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi mate, welcome to the forums.

Region 3 DVDs are indeed NTSC, but whether or not it will work on your tv will depend on your player - as I understand it some DVD Players convert NTSC to PAL so it doesn't matter if your tv is NTSC compatible or not, but I am not an expert on this so I am sure someone more knowledgable will put you right...

I'm gonna move this thread to the DVD Players forum as you are more likely to get the advice you need there...