1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region 2 v Region 3

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by cliveg, Feb 11, 2005.

1. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me why there is a price difference between the two regions? I've noticed lately that R3 versions of some DVD's can be about £3 cheaper than R2. For instance, "Shark Tale" is £12.99 R2 at CD-WOW, and £9.99 for R3. I notice they both have DD5.1, so is there a difference in picture quality?...or anything else for that matter!

Thanks,

CliveG

2. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have purchased quite a few reg 3 from cd-wow have always been happy with the quality and unless you think pal is better than ntsc as some do then go for the reg 3 versions

3. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, I have quite a few R3 discs (I-Robot, the Village, Day after Tom.) and the quality is easily on a par with their R2 counterparts for me.
    Alot of people do prefer PAL, but as I buy alot of DVD's it makes more sense for me (cheaper than the high street) and through HDMI the performances on the new releases is outstanding on NTSC.
    I use www.cdwow.co.uk and www.playusa.com because they are reliable and what you see is what you pay (no p&p).
    I looked into using dvdsoon and dvdimport, but reports of delays and excess charges put me off. cdwow and play can be marginally more expensive, but I never wait more than 4 working days for delivery.
    When I buy R3 Asian releases I also use other sites

4. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks guys, for your prompt replies...it's appreciated. :smashin:

I've just ordered "Sharks Tale" from CD-WOW, R3, so I'll now look forward to watching it! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

CliveG

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,184
    Dont know if you noticed but the Region 3 release has a release date of 3rd March so it might be a few quid cheaper but you will be waiting a few weeks for it, that is unless they are shipping it early as CDWow does seem to get stock of Region 3 titles sometimes 2-3 weeks before release date but they never admit shipping early if you email them.

If your copy gets shipped please post back to let us now.