Region 2 bluray player vs. Vizio TV

ericmalitz

Novice Member
Reaction score
Not sure this is the place to post this.

I have a region free (well it’s currently “set” to region 2) Arcam blu-ray player and I have a 55 inch Vizio, and a 65 inch Vizio. This Arcam bluray player works fine on the Vizio 55 inch, but on the 65 inch Vizio:
1. Has magenta color,
and
2. No sound

Of course, Vizio blames the blu ray player, and Arcam blames the TV.

Yes I have tried every notable combination of HDMI port and all kinds of settings.

And actually, this is my second of this exact model of 65 inch Vizio and they BOTH have the same problems with the bluray player (it’s my second one because the first one had additional problems and Vizio replaced it).

Obviously it’s a compatibility issue between the region of the bluray player and the TV. So is there a way to fix it/bypass it?

Edit: setting the player to region 1 (which the TV is), and trying an appropriate region 1 disc: same problems (magenta color and no sound), so it’s not just an issue having to do with the region, but is some incompatibility between the player and TV in general. Any advice?

Last edited:
Do you have any other external devices you can connect via HDMI try to rule out the 65" TV's HDMI ports as the cause ?

There is mention of the same issue (magenta tint and no sound) in this thread, although it's with different equipment. Some comments point towards it being an HDMI handshake issue and suggest that switching HDMI sources can be a quick way to force a handshake so this would be worth a go (switch from the correct HDMI input to another and back again via the remote).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom