1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region 10, has any body heard of it ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Bono, May 17, 2005.

1. Bono

Bono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I'm being really thick here then I apologise....

I'm ordering a couple of boxsets from CD-Wow and they were advertised as region 2-4, now they are talking about region 10 which I've never heard of.
    This is a brief explanation from them -
    "Although the specification reads that it is region 4, it is in fact totally region 10 (4+2) (UK) compatible. It is from a new range of titles which are dual encoded to allow a much broader range of customers to watch the more popular titles."
    Are these on the ball or should I be steering clear ?

I did do a search but failed to unearth anything.

2. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I guess it's a term to describe something that's R4+R2 compatible...?

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    Always wondered what the exact method of coding discs for >1 region was. Maybe it's done by using "artificial" numbers such as 10 to indicate (say) 2 + 4. In any case, it's been true for a long time that much of the R4 catalogue was, in fact, dual coded. I guess they use the same masters as Europe to save costs. www.michaeldvd.com.au are usually accurate in their reviews which all state the actual (tested) region coding of R4 titles - not what it says on the packaging.

But, Bono - you do have a multi-region player, don't you? (If not, why not?)

4. Bono

Bono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, Denon 2200. It was more to make sure that I wasn't getting substandard discs to be honest.