Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Region 1 version of "Pride & Prejudice"?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Iam, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Iam

Iam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the old region 1 release of P & P ... it's strictly 4:3, 310 minutes, & pretty grainy.

There's now, on Play, a "Newly remastered widescreen print", "2.35:1 Anamorphic".

An previous post said a 16:9 R2 (?) version was just a cropped version of the original 4:3 TV release, does anyone have the R1 version, & is it really anamorphic?

I've tried Rewind, they have no review.

Thanks.

2. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought it some time ago and it's not 2.35:1 (it's 1.85:1) and it is a cropped version of the 4:3 original.
    I think it's because it was originally shot in 4:3, but God knows why they claimed it was 2.35:1 anamorphic on the box!
    This assumes of course that they haven't re-released it again - but I can't believe it would be possible to crop it to 2.35:1 without losing too much top and bottom (even at 1.85:1 it looks a bit wierd sometimes).
    The picture is still grainy too!

Simon

3. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mines 1:85 anamorphic , but the picture is just rubbish , watched it all on Friday though , my fiance loves it lol.