Region 1 RCE playback

N

NigelL

If I take back my Panasonic RV60 to Richer Sounds ( because of flicker problem) I have a choice of three machines. Can any of these play (or be made to play) RCE discs?

Pioneer 636
Sony 735
Sony 725

Thanks

Basically any player can be made RCE compatible, it just depends on the modification.
All modifications with manual code selection (e.g. via RC) should be able to handle RCE, too.

I have also seen a 636 in auto-mode doing RCE and I just bought a Yamaha DVD-S796 in down under as multiregion with RCE compability.

I've heard that Sony's can't be modified to play RCEs. If true, it's the Pioneer. If you really like the Sonys, get the shop to admit that they WILL play RCEs and, if it won't, you have a sale of goods act claim against them for a refund.

Originally posted by nigel:
I've heard that Sony's can't be modified to play RCEs. If true, it's the Pioneer. If you really like the Sonys, get the shop to admit that they WILL play RCEs and, if it won't, you have a sale of goods act claim against them for a refund.

Depends on the mod, some can, some can't

I have a Sony 725 (techtronics standard mod) it plays RCE discs in both auto and manual region mode.

I have a Sony 336 and had it modified and ir plays RCE no problem. It is both auto detect and manual region set. I had it modified by Multi region magic in Peterborough and I am very impressed with the Mod.

Richer Sounds website is good, check the comparison chart in the DVD section. This states if the machine plays RCE, has DTS etc etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom