region 1 NTSC on RGB SCART?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ragegames, Apr 14, 2001.

1. ragegames

ragegames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies for the slight off-topicness, but this forum seemed to have more stuff on colour standards etc. than the others.

I have just ordered a region-modified Sony 735 DVD player to replace my aging Samsung 807(so I can go from composite and RGB-SCART to S-video and component outputs for my PLV-30 is the main reason, though its started to have trouble with a few "problem" discs nowadays)

My question was whether my main TV- which will display PAL & PAL60, but not pure NTSC, will run OK on the RGB SCART connection when playing a region 1 disc, which the Sony outputs as NTSC. Its my understanding that "NTSC" is only applicable to the Composite (and possibly S-video) outputs so as long as the TV copes with a 60Hz picture I should be OK- is this correct?

Please advise as I've just ordered the player and I have a short time to cancel before they can do deliveries after Easter

Peter

Thanks

2. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a multistandard TV and the Sony DVD you refer to having ordered. When using a RGB connection and a R1 print the TV switches to NTSC, it shows the usual problems if I try and switch it back again. Hope that helps

matt

3. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I use a Sony 735 with Scart set to RGB to feed a PAL only TV! I have no problems playing region 1 discs, so you should be OK.

Hope it helps