1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region 1 My Neighbor Totoro dvd

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by jellotime, Mar 20, 2005.

1. jellotime

jellotime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello boys and girls...

I was wondering if anyone out there had heard what the new release date for the Disney version of the My Neighbor Totoro dvd was?

It was supposed to be released the end of last month with Porco Rosso and Nausicaa-but was pushed back and The Cat Returns was released in it's place.

I'm a huge anime kook-and any information that I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks JT. :)

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Jello,

For the best information on any of Miyazaki's or Studio Ghibli's films, I'd visit www.nausicaa.net

The site is superb, and as it has access to official information direct from Ghibli themselves, they are your best point of origin.

Also, I'd avoid getting most of the Region 1 and (UK) Region 2 Ghibli DVD's, simply because they (in my opinion) aren't anywhere near as good as the Japanese Region 2 releases.

Go visit www.cdjapan.co.jp which is an English-language, Japanese-based website, and if you do a DVD search for titles like "My Neighbor Totoro" or "Miyazaki" or "Studio Ghibli", then you can import them. The downside, is that each title will cost about £25 to import, but the vast majority of the Ghibli titles are double-discs! Almost all of them have English subtitles, and English-langauge dubbed audio tracks as well.

I already own: "Porco Rosso", "My Neighbor Totoro", "My Neighbours, The Yamadas" (with DTS sound), and "Pom Poko: The Great Raccoon War". All are superb films, and all imported from CD Japan. Delivery normally takes 7-10 days from Japan to the UK, and all discs will be securely packaged!

Any problems, feel free to post back here. :)

Pooch

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You can also get the R3 releases which are straight copies(most are without the Pointless Eng dub though) of the R2 japanese releases - Remember some of the R2 Japanese dvds have Dubtitles, The R3 versions have Proper translated Eng subs.

4. thelordmagus

thelordmagus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I can confirm the dubtitles for Kiki, Totoro (quite annoying) and mononoke. Don't know about the others, as they either dont have a UK dubbing or don't have UK subs (French instead). But these DVDs are good ^^