Region 1 image stuttering

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Sroey, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Sroey

Sroey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I recently had my JVC XV-N5 chipped. Now then whenever I play a Region 1 disc the video stutters - not in an irratic way but every second there is a slight jump?! Has this anything to do with NTSC to PAL?! Im not too sure but its really annoying and I would love to fix it!! :confused:

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,089
    Sounds like your DVD Player is converting NTSC to PAL50hz, this will cause a slight stuttering effect.

If you used to get perfect playback then it could be that your player has been set to PAL so everything will be output as PAL50hz, try looking through the manual for a method to change the output, with my Pioneer DV470 I can have NTSC (everything is output al NTSC 60hz), PAL (everything is output as PAL50hz) and AUTO (DVDs are output in their original format PAL-PAL, NTSC-NTSC)

3. jimmysdisco

jimmysdisco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    no i can't get mine fixed it is the iternal conversion from ntsc to pal.jvc says it was not designed to play multiregion disc.I have been told a new model is due out in may and my dealer says it should cope better.

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,089
    All DVD players should be designed with playback of NTSC DVDs in mind, after all Japan is Region 2 and there are plenty of Region Free discs that are NTSC, sounds like they didnt put enough work into the player and are trying to lay the blame elsewhere.