Region 1 Disc problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rapping Shoe, May 5, 2003.

1. Rapping Shoe

Rapping Shoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When playing R1 DVDs on my Pioneer DV-454, the horizontal lines on the screen are more noticable than a R2 disc. And, the subtitles on Spirited Away were bleeding in places, and sometimes a bright blue. I don't think I'm explaining this well.

Anyway, I have a Panasonic TX28DK2, is this just the norm from a Pioneer player and Panny TV? I've heard things, but they don't appear to be exacrtly the same problems as me.

Oh, and I've connected it up using a bog standard video out line, but I don't think that's aproblem, I think it was the same on my scart I used ages ago.

Ta!

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The lines your are seeing are NTSC scanlines, although I've gotten used to them. They are still there on a 42" RP, but surprisingly there are only noticeable from only ~5 feet away.

Not sure about the blue around subtitles- is it just for Spirited Away? Direct view's can still suffer from convergence problems.