Regents Park and London Zoo

Biscuit761

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday was Janets 24th birthday for the xxth time ;), she decided to go to one of her favourite places from her childhood, Regents Park. Had a great walk round by the boating lake, never been there before myself but really liked it.

Afterwards we went into London Zoo, had got a 2 for 1 voucher from a Kellogs packet, cereal £1.99 - ticket £17.00 - bargain and you get to eat !

Got to say though that apart from the Gorilla's and a tropical Butterfly enclosure we were a bit disappointed, bit of building work going on, a few empty cages and hard to see animals, we actually prefer our local zoo, Colchester.

Anyway, got a few shots as attached, biggest disappointment was in the butterfly house, lens misted up and took ages to clear, well never did really. Whats the trick ?

Anyway, here are a few from the day, C & C always eagerly awaited.

1 - Regents Park native

19-10-08SQUIRREL1.jpg

2 - More locals

19-10-08Pigeon1.jpg

3 - Contemplation

19-10-08Regent3.jpg

4 - Gorilla in the misty glass

19-10-08Gorilla1.jpg

5 - An Egret

19-10-08Egret1.jpg

6 - Atlas Moth - about 8" across

19-10-08AtlasMoth1.jpg

7 - Tall Story

19-10-08Giraffe1.jpg

8 - Sea Bass (I think)

19-10-08SeaBass1.jpg

9 - The walk back through Regents Park

19-10-08Regent2.jpg

19-10-08Regent1.jpg

11 - Hi key ?

19-10-08Leaf1.jpg

12 - A sculpture from tin cans, about 8' high

19-10-08Skull1.jpg

13 - A small Lilly seen in the Zoo

Redlilly1.jpg

14 - Mews

19-10-08Mews1.jpg

Hope you like

Bill

Got to say though that apart from the Gorilla's and a tropical Butterfly enclosure we were a bit disappointed, bit of building work going on, a few empty cages and hard to see animals, we actually prefer our local zoo, Colchester.
Bill

I was also disappointed with Whipsnade Zoo which is owned by the same people, I complained when I was there but the attitude of the person I spoke to was "this is as good as we can be as we are a charity". :mad:

Nice pictures - I like the squirrel shot and that is a great expression from the gorilla :clap:

Some great shots the Bill, especially like numbers 1,2 & 4:smashin:

Agree with you about Colchester Zoo, although a bit of a trek for me it is one of my faves, was very impressed when we visited there...well worth a visit.

Nice set :thumbsup:
I particularly like Nos 1 and 5.

Fantastic collection

I aim to go to London zoo soon enough

well done, I like the gorilla one.

Cheers for the replies, especially yours Goso, suppose thats for the 28 - 8 result last week, really after leading 7 - 0 how could you let us win like that :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

TTFN

Bill

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom