Regarding PSN changing passwords.

BaldyBonito

Established Member
Reaction score
Makes sense when logging on and it says we've sent you an email go and sort out your password. I think ok I'll go do that, check and no email. Try to log straight into PSN on internet and it says OK, can take up to 24 hours. Almost 24 hours later and still no joy?

Any one else had this problem, suggestions to fix? :smashin:

hmmm

when i signed in again it just ask me to enter a new password in and then to confirm it.. Did not get any email with a new psn password...

Few people been mentioning it in the main thread Baldy.

Seems a lot of probes have been with hotmail accounts.

Have a look in the thread to see if there's a fix.

Outage thread in ps3 section.

Any links to it chalky? Cant find it for the life of me.

Baldy, it happened to me yesterday, eventually a mail came through, it took quite a while though. Logged into my email today and another 5 or so mails came through from yesterday, obviously from each time I tried the day before.

Baldy, some of us have posted in the network section. The only way it seems to get online is to open a new account ( i havnt tryed it ), but ive got my hotmail account and just the same as you its been 24 hours !!

This was from sony, havnt checked for an update

the Servers are extremely busy, FROM SONY.................. Some of you have mentioned that you have not received your password reset emails. With the huge number of people coming back online at the same time and resetting their passwords, it is creating significant email traffic to ISPs. The consequence is that some of the ISPs are throttling the emails.

We are currently trying to resolve this, but in the meantime please be patient and refrain from submitting multiple requests. You will receive you reset email and be able to get back to enjoying your online gaming.

Update:
We’re currently experiencing an extremely heavy load of password resets, so we recently had to turn off services for approximately 30 minutes to clear the queue.

If you’ve requested your password reset, please give it a bit of time to reach your email.

^^^ yup 24 hours of time and counting :suicide:

mine is a hotmail address, came straight through.

Makes sense when logging on and it says we've sent you an email go and sort out your password. I think ok I'll go do that, check and no email. Try to log straight into PSN on internet and it says OK, can take up to 24 hours. Almost 24 hours later and still no joy?

Any one else had this problem, suggestions to fix? :smashin:

One of Jack's accounts was the same Baldy, no email in his Hotmail account and he has had to use an old account to get online. I'll check his emails later to see if it comes through.

Mine was a straight forward change as soon as I logged in :confused:

Yeah I just changed my password when I was able to log in. I've never had an email from Sony the entire time it's been down.

Its only a straight forward change if it is the console you originally created the account on or you have downloaded something from the PSN using your account on that console. All others will get email activation.

I got an email for one of my accounts. Went straight in to my inbox though.

Theres quite a few people in the main thread who are well past 24 hours waiting for the email. I'm sure there are a few complaints.

There's a password reset FAQ on the Sony site.

PSN FAQ – Restoration Questions Answered – PlayStation.Blog.Europe

The main thread about it all can be found here

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1454315-psn-outage-restoration-discussion-thread-part-three.html

And for those who don't look at that thread (yes there are others than the COD section :D) or the blog then here's the welcome package details.

Now that certain PSN services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming, it seems a good time to confirm what is being offered as part of the Welcome Back programme.

Once we restore PlayStation Store, which will be just a little while longer, you will have the opportunity to claim your Welcome Back gifts. Please note that the Welcome Back programme is only available for those countries with access to PlayStation Store*.

All existing PlayStation Network members will be able to access the following from PlayStation Store*:

Two PS3 games from the following list:

LittleBigPlanet
Infamous*
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation*

For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:

LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation PSP
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation*

- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PS Plus subscribers*

- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will be given 60 days free subscription.

- For existing Music Unlimited subscribers, you will be given 30 days free subscription.

- We are working on a Welcome Back offer in PlayStation Home and will share that when it is confirmed.

I would like to thank all of the developers and publishers involved in this programme for their support in making this happen. We certainly couldn’t have done it without you.

You will be able to access this content once PlayStation Store comes back online and we are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support and keep checking back on the blog for more information.

For eligibility for the welcome back programme consumers must be an account holder on 20 April 2011. Specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live. All existing PSN registrants have 30 days from when the welcome back programme goes live to redeem their content.
For the German market, InFamous and Dead Nation will be replace with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings in the selection of PS3 games.
For the German market, Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation will be replaced with Everybody’s Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party in the selection of PSP games. Killzone Liberation will not offer online gameplay functionality.
Access to the 30 days free PS Plus subscription is only available for those countries where PS Plus is offered. You will have access to the PS Plus content planned for May for 30 days. Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever.

i've had this too. the first account i made on my ps3 asked me to change my password there and then, but my second account on my ps3 (Djentlemang) said they have sent me an email (which i still haven't seen). but now if i try and sign in with that account, it just says there has been a server error (where it said the email message before)?

i'd be soo annoyed if i lost that account :mad:

Its only a straight forward change if it is the console you originally created the account on or you have downloaded something from the PSN using your account on that console. All others will get email activation.

I got an email for one of my accounts. Went straight in to my inbox though.

Theres quite a few people in the main thread who are well past 24 hours waiting for the email. I'm sure there are a few complaints.

There's a password reset FAQ on the Sony site.

PSN FAQ – Restoration Questions Answered – PlayStation.Blog.Europe

The main thread about it all can be found here

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1454315-psn-outage-restoration-discussion-thread-part-three.html

And for those who don't look at that thread (yes there are others than the COD section :D) or the blog then here's the welcome package details.

Surey members will download Infamous? I am thinking Ratchet and Clank, Dead Nation is a GTA 1 inspired game, just shoot Zombies, don't see the value in it, when you can pick up Little Big Planet or Ratchet and Clank.

Dead Nation was only a PSN game anyway, what's the point when you can download games with physical releases.

Not to argue that PSN games are better then physical releases.

I've got the same issue and have been waiting since Sunday evening.

Today though I managed to use the "forgotten password" option and I'm waiting on a password reset email to come through. I'll update when I get it.

I've got the same issue and have been waiting since Sunday evening.

Today though I managed to use the "forgotten password" option and I'm waiting on a password reset email to come through. I'll update when I get it.
:laugh::laugh:

So is it 2 downloads per account or 2 per console:devil: I would thinnk it would be per console but you never know

Edit: 2nd account is for the US store so might be lucky and get 2 from there

Last edited:
Looks like Baldy-Bonito and YouJustKilledMe are getting retired then, BooM_ScuDSHoT is the future.

Looks like Baldy-Bonito and YouJustKilledMe are getting retired then, BooM_ScuDSHoT is the future.

I would suggest logging in and trying to change the password. They have seemingly dropped the "same machine" requirement to do it on your playstation.

I recovered 2 names last night with 2 bogus emails made from a previous PS3 without ever having to get off the PS3.

I received my email (from the forgotten password request) and it expired an hour after me receiving it...

Tried again and it arrived instantly and changed my password without any issues.

Should hopefully be back online this evening...

LittleBigPlanet - CBA with...I think.
Infamous* - may get it as had it, did it once, and may get it again for the plat!
Wipeout HD/Fury - wouldn't get played
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty - CBA with too probably!
Dead Nation* - is this any good? Anyone? Played the demo but wasn't overly enthralled.

Dead Nation didn't have a demo mate. Your thinking of the the other one - Zombie Apocalypse i think its called. Dead Nation see you running around the streets not stuck in one area like ZA.

Also has online co-op and i think recently had mic coms patched in.

Deffo getting this, was going to get it anyhow but was waiting for it to be slightly cheaper than £11. Well its free now and you can't get much cheaper than that LOL

Yeh, I was thinking of ZA. Is it much different/better?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom