Rega Planar 3 Upgrades

MaryWhitehouse

manishc

Novice Member
Hi - i'm going to ask a couple of questions here too as am also working out how to improve my Planar 3 which i've had since 2001. It's 1990s Planar 3 with a RB250 arm. Has a Ortofon 2M red and sounds very bright. Is the P3 significantly better than Planar 3? Or upgrading the arm to RB300? Which is more cost effective?

MaryWhitehouse

Hi - i'm going to ask a couple of questions here too as am also working out how to improve my Planar 3 which i've had since 2001. It's 1990s Planar 3 with a RB250 arm. Has a Ortofon 2M red and sounds very bright. Is the P3 significantly better than Planar 3? Or upgrading the arm to RB300? Which is more cost effective?

Welcome. You’ll probably do well to change the stylus to a blue but before that buy a tracking scale for less than £10 and put the weight at about 2g and see what you hear.

Joannmark

Hi all. Quick update. Just fitted the AT-VM540ML. First few spins and I have to say it sounds like a different turntable. Blows the Elys away, in my opinion. I’ve got a 750SH to test as well, but doubt I’ll be able to justify the extra ££
Hi. Was it an easy fit? Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom